The Oklahoma Court of Criminal Appeals is the highest court in the State of Oklahoma with appellate jurisdiction in criminal cases. It is the state court of last resort in criminal matters. The Court derives its origin and jurisdiction from the state constitution, which was formulated by the constitutional convention and submitted to and adopted by the people of Oklahoma at the first election, held on September 17, 1907.
- Job Opening: Staff Attorney 08/10/21 - The Oklahoma Court of Criminal Appeals has an opening in its Orders Division for a staff attorney. This full-time position works for the court at large drafting orders and opinions in post-conviction matters, direct appeals, and various other appellate legal issues. Applicants should have a strong background in legal writing and preference is given to… More
- Uniform Jury Instructions 12/20/19 - This court has issued a new order, effective December 20, 2019, updating the Uniform Jury Instructions. Please see 2019 OK CR 28 and Attachment with noted changes. Updated Jury Instructions will be found on the OCCA website under the dropdown navigation for Court Resources > Jury Instructions More
- Celebrating 30 Years: Judge David B. Lewis 01/14/21 - https://vimeo.com/500274715 Celebrating Judge Lewis -30 years and the longest serving African -American Judge in Oklahoma history. More
- In Re: Election of Presiding Judge and Vice Presiding Judge of the Court of Criminal Appeals 11/23/20 - The Judges of the Court of Criminal Appeals have elected Judge Dana Kuehn to serve as Presiding Judge and Judge Scott Rowland to serve as Vice Presiding Judge beginning on January 1, 2021 and ending on December 31, 2022. More
- 2020 OBA Ada Lois Sipuel Fisher Diversity Award 10/21/20 - Presiding Judge David Lewis is a recipient of the 2020 OBA Ada Lois Sipuel Fisher Diversity Award. Presiding Judge Lewis is honored for his mentoring of minority law students. He will be honored at a virtual ceremony on November 12th. Congratulations, Judge. The ceremony is set for Thursday, Nov. 12, at 5:30 p.m. During the… More